Saturday, July 17, 2010

You're so Versatile!

Before I really get into this post, I want to remind everyone that I am GIVING AWAY ABSOLUTELY FREE A Biggest Loser Cookbook on Friday @ 9pst to celebrate dropping over 18lbs and getting below 220! If you want it, check out the offical post for full details.

 A couple of days ago, Hungry for Living bestowed upon me the honour of the Versatile Blogger award! I was really super pleased until I saw the conditions for accepting the award, as they are as follows:


  1. Thank the person who gave you the award
  2. Tell 7 things about yourself
  3. Nominate 15 NEW bloggers for the award and pass it on to them
  4. Notify said bloggers that they have received the award.
It was the second condition that hooped me, buuuut I found a loop hole! I don't have to come up with new stuff so I'm going to do some recycling. It is good for the environment after all. Here are 10 things about me from an older post!

1. I’m a super nerd. Every summer I read the Harry Potter series again for the billionth time. And the Twilight series. Oh yeah, and I play World of Warcraft.

2. I have 5 big squishy pillows on my bed but I only use one of them, and it’s always the same one, but I would hate to get rid of the other 4.

3. I kill potted plants. Not that I do it on purpose, I love having them in my room, they just don’t stay alive for too long. I think that it has something to do with the fact that I forget to water them.

4. When I was little, I loved witchcraft and the fantastical. I even had an Ouija board and I learned how to read Tarot cards. I wanted to be something special and a little more than ordinary, in my own way. I still wish that magic were real, hence my love for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed.

5. I love both the names Isabelle and Wyatt...and then my cousin gave those names to 2 or her children. Not that she knew that I wanted those names for my kids (should I ever have any) or even that I see her or her kids too often, but I’m undecided if I still want to name my kids that because there aren’t really two people in my family with the same names, let alone two sets of siblings.

6. I have a younger brother who is pretty much the only person in my immediate family that has not struggled with his weight at one point or another in his life. He is actually in really good shape. Most people in high school didn’t even know that we were related, we didn’t have an unusual last name to give it away. He is the polar opposite of me. Preppy, popular and all those clich├ęs. If it couldn't fit any better, his girlfriends have all been tall, skinny, blondes.

7. I’ve always thought that my type of guy was the kind of guy who is shy, dark haired, musical, intelligent, and a bit of a rebel. I’ve been with two guys (technically 3, but I don’t count one of them but that is a whole other story) and both of them were blondes, not musical, amd not very intelligent.

8. I have a thing for pretty smelling hand and body creams...and then I never use them. I probably have a dozen or so that are scattered throughout my room and bathroom but I may have used each one of them once, maybe twice.

9. I’m addicted to music. I have a tattoo on my shoulder with music notes. I love all different kinds of music, pretty much anything that has a good rhythm to it, except for rap but even then there are distinctions between different kinds of rap, some that I actually like and some that I can’t even listen to. I’m mainly into modern rock, some mild punk rock and top 40 dance/pop. I love dancing too.

10. I check out girls more than I check out guys. It’s a self-esteem thing, but I can’t help but compare myself to other girls that I see and judge how I compare to them.


Congratulations to the following blogs who I am passing this lovely award on to:


Living Active
Fighting to be Formerly Fat
Watching and Weighting
Enough is Enough
Fitness: A Journey not a Destination

Losing 100 Pounds
Rescuing Lisa
Adjusting Anini
I'm Blossoming
Weighting Around


My Last Weight Loss Ever
55kgs.
Cupcakes to Carrot Sticks
Fat Girl Dives In
*Linzerello's Blog

6 comments:

  1. I seem to kill potted plants at home, but at work they're fine. I think there is some benevolent plant fairy that visits my desk but not my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for passing along the award, I'm humbled.

    The story about the names you liked being snatched up by a relative made me smile. I recall telling a group of friends once that if I had another son I'd name him William and call him Will. My SIL was there at the time and guess what? When she adopted a son she named him Will. I suppose I should be flattered that out of the zillion names she could have chosen, she picked the one I came up with. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award, Emilia. I am a fellow plant killer but trying to reform. I frequently forget to water them, but then I'm not to good at watering myself either. I can't seem to drink enough water...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Thank you! I love awards. They're so much fun.

    I kill plants too. Actually, I did a post on it a while ago with pictures of the dead plant carcases scattered around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Emilia. I am so happy to meet you and to be selected for this fab award. Thank you!!!

    I see we have a lot in common. I am also fascinated by the occult, kill plants (though I'm trying to learn how not to now), and check out girls a whole lot more than I should. I'm always pointing them out to my husband, saying things like oh boy I wish I had her waist or breast or whatever. I think he feels quite lucky to have a wife that points out beautiful women to him. :P

    Anyway, I'll honor the Versatile Blogger award in my next post and look forward to reading more about you and your journey here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! Thanks for the award! I'm excited...it's my first one! I'm also terrible with plants...I can't even keep a cactus alive, lol. And don't get me started on great smelling lotions...I spend way too much in Bath and Body Works!

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com