Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LHA Weigh In: Are you ready for this?

Good news today in regards to the my LHA challenge, weight loss in general, and blogginess in general (pay attention at the end because it may concern YOU). Let's start with the challenge.

Last Week: 220.8 lbs
This Week: 219.0 lbs
Difference: -1.8 lbs
Exercise Minutes: 120 mins of quality work out

I FINALLY got through the 220 barrier! I was really thinking that I was going to be stuck hanging around the 220.1-220.5 for a while, but I managed to shatter it. The last time I lost weight, I got down to about 212 but then I kind of stopped trying and that was around April/June of last year. On average, I gain about 10 lbs every year and have for as long as I can remember, and when I went for my annual check up at my doctor's office last year in July, I weighed 216. 219 is still a gain of 3 lbs from last year at this time but when I consider that I TOPPED OUT at 238 in January, I've LOST 19lbs! I really hope that I can get down to 218 next week to make it an even 20 lbs deficit!

Right now, I'm at a point that I can't see the different in the mirror, except that my stomach is a little flatter, but the scale is moving. When I first started the LHA challenge, it was the opposite, lots of difference in the mirror and a stubborn scale.

The general good news concerning weight loss is because I have lost my 18 lbs to put me at 220 or below, I get my very first reward! Check it out on the sidebar to the right, I get a Biggest Loser Cookbook! Coincidentally, today is also payday, but I won't get a chance to make it to Chapters tonight as I get paid later and I have to work until 9pm. I'm considering also getting a Jillian Michaels cookbook, such as the Master your Metabolism cookbook, and see what kind of things are in there and if there is a guide of sorts for her weight loss plan. I'm really excited for this as I had not concocted a weight loss reward system prior to this bout of healthiness. (In honour of this, I feel a giveaway coming....stay tuned for details!)

Finally, Hungry for Living gave me the Versatile Blogger award!


The conditions for this award are to thank the person who gave it to you (THANKS A MILLION!), post 7 things about yourself, pass the award on to 15 newly discovered blogs, and to tell the recipients about their new award. When I saw the "post X number of things about yourself", I just about died inside. Why is there not an award to run 3 miles on the treadmill, or give up chocolate for a month? I'll manage to pull some stuff I haven't said out of my brain, but for me the hardest part is going to be choosing 15 NEW blogs (or at least new to me) so here's what I'm going to do.

DO YOU WANT THIS AWARD?
Do I follow your blog already and you want to be considered for this amazingly adorable award? Comment on this post and say that you want to be considered, don't be shy or humble. If I don't follow your blog, leave me a comment here and tell me to! I'll check you out and you may get an award!
Step on up and tell me about your blog!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A new milestone, under 220 and fast approaching the 100's! Good for you, Emila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on breaking 220 - that is AWESOME! And that is fabulous on the cookbook too - hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. That's an awesome loss for the week. Sawwweeeettttt!

    That is a super cute award. My Living Active blog would be much obliged to have you follow it. I'm trying to breathe some new life into it. :)

    http://salinalivngactive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Loss this week!!!! And well on breaking that 220 mark.

    And pass the award along to other's I couldn't think of 7 more things ppl don't know about me lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on breaking through the 220's! Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! Always good to see the scale move down to another decade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on breaking the 220 barrier!! I can absolutely relate to where you are at...212 is my ugly little barrier that I have been fighting with for the past 3 years and I finally broke it this week too! It must just be a good karma week :) As for the award...I would love to recieve it, if you feel my humble little blog is deserving

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com