Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All These Things That I Have Done

Well, a good friend of mine got a job as a radio DJ in Manitoba. She found out on Thursday and left yesterday. She is so unbelievably happy, this is what she has wanted to do for a long time, we gave her a send-off that lasted all weekend long. This epic send-off resulted in a lot of drinking, pub food, and calorie laden hang-over remedies. I feel so ill and bloated from it all and it's Tuesday!

Today I worked out with Nathan, my trainer, and I did a lot of leg stuff with cardio. We tend to split the work-outs into two groups: legs with cardio and arms with cardio, with core exercises thrown in a bit on both days. Last Wednesday when I saw Nathan, I did this new exercise where I grab a weight bench so that it is vertical to my body and jump over it whilst holding on to the bench. You may have seen this done on the Biggest Loser. Well, after so many reps I got pretty tired and then I wasn't jumping as high as I should have been (jumping is very difficult for me). Well then wouldn't you know it, on several occasions I bashed my shin into this bench resulting in a big monster bruise. I wish I had taken a photo of it on Thursday but alas, I only thought to today and it's faded. There was even a scrape on the left bruise where I scalped it!


Well, the point of this story is when I saw Nathan today, practically the first thing he says to me is:

Nathan: "What in the hell did you do to your shin?"
I laugh and give him this overly incredulous look.
Me: "You're asking ME what I did to my shin?" (note the inflection and thus inferring that he really did it to my shin).
Nathan: "Well I didn't think that you hit it that bad, I almost feel bad now. Almost, but not quite. I'm not really sympathetic."
Me: "You wouldn't be very good at your job if you were overly sympathetic."
Nathan: "That's very true."

He did call me "muffin" today jokingly, but I tried not to let it get to me too much. So what if I have a huge crush on my trainer?

2 comments:

  1. I seriously adore Nathan ... and you, of course :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com