Monday, June 21, 2010

Who is Your Thinspiration?

One of my main problems when I'm trying to eat healthy is stopping myself from eating when I'm bored and one way that I deal with it is by thinking about what I really want out of my life. I think about how much better I'm going to feel when I'm thinner and healthy and how much more confident I will feel. If I still need an extra boost when I'm feeling down, I pull out my thin pictures, a.k.a. "Thinspiration". They are pictures I keep around of my favorite celebs and when I need a bit of a refresher, I take a peek at some of these wonderful ladies. 

Like Kate Winslet.



Or Kelly Clarkson.

 

And one of my new favorite women, Idina Menzel.


Who is your thinspiration?

Reading this back this morning, I felt that I needed to add an addendum. I know that the term "Thinspiration" is very much a part of the pro-ana community, but I don't think that because it is, it should be a negative word. This blog originally started as an anti-ana blog, but that is a whole other story to tell at a later time. When I think of my personal thinspiration (it is a very clever word actually), I think of real women. My thinspiration will always be curvy women. I love my hips and my boobs, they define me as a woman that I want to be.

I hope that people reading my post don't take it the wrong way. I am not supporting the anorexic lifestyle (for some it is a lifestyle and for others it is a disorder) and I hope that they get the help they need before it's too late and they hurt themselves. If you want to address me privately about this issue,  please do not hesitate to email me, my email for my blog is MiaY238@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. You totally stole three of mine! LOL!
    I'll also add to it ... but I'll come up with my own post you'll have to come see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works well doesn't it? I use pics of Hugh Jackman and Jason Statham for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Paquin is my latest. she has the cutest body (and it's curvy!) ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on Kate Winslet -- http://fatgirlvsworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/fruits-of-labor.html

    However, leave it to me to be the uppity fat chick. I wouldn't use the word "thinspiration." Why? It's a term deeply embedded in the Pro-Ana (pro-anorexic) movement. It's good to have a role model or a goal, but we should be using other people's bodies simply as a reference point. Our own bodies should be the ones that inspire us the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Idina Menzel! She's defiantly someone I look up to, not only for her body but her voice! I think I'll try this too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be all about "Fat"spo, lol and some would consider the curvalicious babes above on the fat side of Hollywood. I was on Xanga a long time and there are tragic, tragic circles of teens and a few older who are very deep into the pro-ana culture. I also started as a anti-ana blogger and I have since turned to fatgirl_vs_worlds way of thinking. Why compare my body to an airbrushed magazine model? I love Kate Winslet. I admire Drew Barrymoore and envy Nicole Kidman. I hit a point where I became my own thinspiration. I love staring at my parts and pieces and seeing how they have shrunk and dreaming how they will look in a few months. I hope you can inspire yourself and see your inner beauty and inner thinness too! I saw your FB status and hope you have a better week for LHA for week 8! Take care. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old school Brittney Spears! ;) She used to have a normal healthy body type and rockin abs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Young Sophia Loren. Man, I want that hourglass but not-at-all-skinny body--with hips and boobies and a great big earthy laugh-- she had in the old days. Woo. I also thought plump Kate Winslet looked great, and current Kate looks great. She's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com