Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LHA Week 5 Weigh In

Last week: 224.6 lbs
This week: 223.5 lbs
Difference: -1.1 lbs
Exercise Minutes: 555 minutes (9 hours and 15 minutes)

Not too shabby. I didn't meet my goal of losing 2.3 lbs this week, but the real goal was getting to 220.0 next week, and that is not off the table just yet. It will be hard to knock off 3.5 lbs in a week, but some people have done it, even well into their weight loss journey. If I try my hardest and I stay on top of my eating and work out hard, I won't be disappointed in myself, know that I gave it my all. Even if I don't make it next week, there is the week after it.

Summer Slimmin' Challenge Update: I'm getting better about drinking more water. My problem is not that I drink a lot of sodas and fruit juices, but that I don't drink enough fluids. When I'm exercising, I drink about 700mL, which likely equates to around 23-24oz but when I'm not exercising, it is hard for me to remember to get my fluids in. I've been keeping my water bottle beside me all the time and it is really helping!

Thank you all for your comments and concern from my anxiety post the other day. Normally, I don't suffer from anxiety, this is very new to me. The anxiety is a little less than what it was over the weekend and Monday, but I still have the stomach sick, nervous feeling, but I'm not constantly stressed and psyching myself out that I've forgotten something important. I think that today it's be caused by the fact that I'm going to see Nathan in an hour or so, and I kinda have a big crush on him...

Yesterday was a good, social day for me. In the morning, I went to the gym and did 50 mins of running intervals (4 mins @ 3 mph, 1 min @ 5.5 mph, 4 mins @ 3 mph, 1 min @ 6 mph, rinse and repeat) and 30 mins on the elliptical. Bad news: I think that I strained/pulled the muscle on the front of my shin. It made running very difficult and painful, which was why I switched to the elliptical and I wasn't ready to quit yet.

A friend and I went to a free rugby skills clinic last night out in South Surrey and it was hard work! Lots of running and passing drills but it was really great meeting some new ladies. There is another clinic on Thursday night which we are going to again. Because it was Tuesday, that meant that the season finale of Glee was on! After the clinic, we went over to another friend's house and watched the show together with about 8 or 10 of us (I'm going to start going through Glee withdrawal pretty soon, just to warn you all). After the show, a bunch of us decided that we didn't really want to go our separate way yet and we drove down to the beach about 20 minutes away, but when we got there it really started raining so we went to a Tim Horton's and hung out until about midnight. I went to Starbucks instead, because I had a gift card, and got a grande non-fat caramel macchiato. Very yummy! It was nice seeing a bunch of my friends again and gossiping about other people that we knew from high school, general association, etc.

Hope you're all having a great day so far. I'm headed out to the gym to see Nathan and I'll post a recap later! Good luck to everyone weighing in today!

7 comments:

  1. Excellent minutes of exercising!
    Watch that injury though - don't want it to get worse and set you back too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9+ hours of exercise?!?!? That's incredible!!! Just make sure you're staying well hydrated with it all. That's SO important to help heal current/prevent future injuries.
    I just went and looked at the pic of Nathan! VERY crush-worthy! And I'm totally with you on the Glee withdrawal. It's going to be a looooong summer :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey good job on 9hrs Holy Smoke!!! and that -1.1 just brings you closer to 220. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an exercise machine!!! I like the drink lots of water advice. Make sure you don't overheat. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss. And wow, that's a lot of exercise. Definitely hydrate! And ask for sugar-free when you do the latte. The milk fat can help keep you satisfied, but the sugar can make you crash! I love having a latte after a workout, though because of the Summer challenge, I switched to a grande instead of a venti. I might even switch to a tall next time.

    Happy Thursday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go!! every .1 is closer to the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I read that right? 555 minutes this week? Damn girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com