Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Giving Back



This morning, Lisa over at "Can I buy another vowel? Going from Fat to Fit!" made my day and honored me with the Beautiful Blogger Award. The conditions for this award are to pass on the award to 7 other bloggers and to post 7 things about me that you don't know. So before I strain my head trying to figure out what to say about myself, I'm going to pass on the award:


  1. Christine @ Exquisite_Christine: I wanted to pass this on to Christine for helping to bring together all the LHA participants and for her daily affirmations.
  2. Karen @ *FiTCETERA*: I love her visual food journal, it's so colourful and she brightens my day.
  3. Chris @ A Deliberate Life: Chris has had so much success in her weight loss transformation, she is such an inspiring lady!
  4. Karen @ Muffin Fixation: I love Karen for her comments to my blog and for her lovely blog as well.
  5. Flabby McGee: This lady has been through so much, she is a great inspiration to me.
  6.  Christie @ He Took MY Last Name: In the short time I have followed her blog, I have come to love this lady. She just started on her journey a few months ago and she is making great progress.
  7. Skinny Me...Coming Soon! She is such a sweet lady, I love her blog. She is getting married in less than 2 months and she looks fabulous.
Congrats to all, it was hard choosing only 7 people. I follow so many blogs and I love feeling that I'm getting to know so many people. Now to let you all get to know me a little better:

  1. I love the girlie shows that are on Slice and TLC like the wedding shows (LOVE wedding shows), the baby shows, the cake shows, all of it. It's my guilty pleasure.
  2. I hate folding clothes. I will wash the laundry but when it comes to folding it, I would rather dump in on my bed and move it back and forth from the floor so I can sleep at night to the point that I have another full load of laundry to do before I even consider putting it away.
  3. I can actually sing pretty well but I never had the guts to try out for Canadian Idol and now I regret it because the show has been put on hiatus. 
  4. I love the sunshine and the heat. In the summer, I'll often hang out on my back deck all day just reading and listening to music.
  5. I don't like going to the movies. I find the theaters too cold and busy, it's way overpriced and I just couldn't be bothered. If it a movie that I am really looking forward to and have heard about a lot, if it is based on a book that I have read or something, I'll go out with my friends, but just to go out and see a movie that just came out for the sake of seeing it, I have no patience for that.
  6. I worked at Tim Horton's for about a year and half when I was 15 and everyone I talked to that worked there said that after a month or two, you'll get tired of the doughnuts. I didn't LOL. I didn't gain a lot of weight, I lost weight at first because of being on my feet and walking around for 7 and 8 hours but then I started gaining weight again but I've been gaining weight more or less consistently for my whole life. I was promoted to supervisor but the manager had an issue with me personally and I was fired for stupid things and then a few months later, another girl who was promoted at the same time was fired for stealing $1000+ from the store. This was a girl that the manager LOVED. I tried not to rub it in her face that she got rid of a good employee for nothing.
  7. I want a Smartcar. That is my dream car and hopefully when I get a full time job, I'll be able to get one!
That list was seriously hard to come up with! I want to thank Lisa again and wish everyone the best week!

5 comments:

  1. Thank You for thinking of me, Emilia! Sweet!

    I worked at Tim's when I was much younger. I ate alot of the donuts when I was on midnights. The baker was in on that shift so they were sooooo fresh. French crullers ... yummm. I got fired for throwing a donut at an *hole customer. :D
    I have the same issues with laundry. I hardly ever put my clothes away. I don't know why I even own dressers. I never use them. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already thanked you in email but thank you again!!! This was the PERFECT thing to wake up to today! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Dayus-Hinch from "Wedding SOS" used to get her spa treatments done at the spa I worked at. She was a very nice lady, with great skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A smartcar!!! Oh no!! and you don't like going to movies... I am heartbroken... Well... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog award!

    I was fired from Taco Bell when I was 16 because a girl they caught stealing money said I was in on it. They of course couldn't press charges based on her testimony but I was fired anyway!

    Stupid Taco Bell and stupid Tim Horton's!

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com