Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another Thursday Night

Overall I had a good day today. My eating was okay today and for the first time EVER, I repeat, EVER, I worked out the day after I saw Nathan. Normally, I'm way too sore to even think about going to the gym the day after I work out with Nathan Nathan makes me do inhuman things that my body is hardly able to perform over the span of an hour. I don't know why but my body wasn't all that sore, I worked hard yesterday. After we finished, I looked as if I could have just jumped in a pool. Regardless, I went to the gym today and did a brisk walk on the treadmill for 50 minutes. I tried to do running intervals but I think that I strained my shin muscles on Tuesday or I got shin splints, either way, it made running really difficult, so I walked and changed the incline to get different intervals of cardio training. Then after I wasn't ready to stop working out yet so I did the elliptical for 30 mins.

I really need to get back in the habit of doing my weight routine, and tomorrow (I'm sending out positive energy, I'm declaring my intention to the world, does that count for something?) I am going to do it, as well as some cardio work. I really could do cardio everyday, I hate doing weights because it's so dull on my own. No one to talk to and I can't even listen to my music! But at least I'm pretty sure that it won't kill me.

6 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to get into some sort of weight training but aside from an eensy teensy random little bitty smidgen of dumbbell work while riding the recumbent there's been notta.

    I think I need to get me a Nathan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get bored during exercise too! Luckily I jsut use my bike, so I put a dvd on to watch while I cycle, makes the time go much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you been managing to drink more water? It's one of my goals too. Why can't you listen to music while doing weights?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do well exercising on my own--something I hope to change with this challenge--so I pay for a trainer, yeah. I like the strength training. I hate aerobics. I used to love aerobics when I was young, and yoga, and would exercise on my own. But now, I'm so heavy that anything no my feet is a chore and my asthma is induced by exercise. So aerobics is torture.

    Congrats on working out! I hope you make your goal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time wanting to get to the gym at all so KUDOS to you for getting there and making the most of it. Hope you got your weight routine in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome that you were able to go work out the next day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com