Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Sch-monday

Today was a blah day. I started a new job as a receptionist in Vancouver but the company is really slow, so I didn't have to answer too many calls. Unfortunately, that left me with a lot of free time and not a lot to do. I'm working with someone that I know from Curves, she works at this company as a bookkeeper/accountant, and she told me to bring in a book when I come in. I was there for 4 hours and I spent most of that time reading New Moon for the billionth time (I love those books, every summer I take it upon myself to reread the entire Harry Potter series and since Twilight series came out, I've added that to my seasonal reading as well). Somehow, I just seem to attract slack jobs. Not that I mind entirely, it would just be nice to use my skills to something a bit more challenging, but hey, I'm not going to complain about getting paid to read my book!

I really, really, really meant to go to the gym this evening after dinner. Really. My eating is getting a lot better. I am remembering to eat more often and to eat better stuff, but sometimes it feels like I can only do one of these things at a time. My exercise has been slacking. Since Wednesday (the first weigh in for the LHA challenge) I have only logged 140 minutes of activity. Most of it was on Wednesday with Nathan, 95 minutes, and I roller skated for 45 minutes on Sunday. With all the time it takes for me to think about eating right and to plan my meals, exercise is falling by the wayside.

I had another TAADAA moment today when I was getting ready to go to work. Because it is an office, I had to find pants to wear that were not jeans so I pulled out a pair of grey plaid pants that I bought around the same time as I bought my favourite grey jeans from Old Navy so I hoped that they would fit me...and they did! It wasn't the same kind of feeling as yesterday with the tears and all the emotions because I expected them to fit, but it was nice all the same :)

I'm going to try to be good from now on and post what I am eating everyday. Maybe it will help keep me away from the things that I KNOW I should not be eating, but reach for any way. I love how Karen over at ✯FiTCETERA✯ posts all her food and even takes great pictures of it too! And a huge thanks to her for telling me that I can find Larabars at Superstore (even though I didn't find them there it made me go on the hunt and I travelled to two different Save-On Foods before I found them LOL). I bought a few for around $2.50 each so I think I have to take a journey out to Costco with my mom, who has the membership card, and see if I can get my hands on a case of them. They are fantastic! (I've only tried the Apple flavour for now but I also bought Cherry and Cashew and I have high hopes for them) What I really love about them is that they have like 6 ingredients, all of which your average 10 year old can identify. In the Apple bar there is: dates, almonds, dried apples, walnuts, raisins and cinnamon. That's it. No funny chemicals or things that take you the better part of 30 seconds to figure out how to pronouce. They are approved by Jillian Michaels, who is seriously my god/idol and the gorgeous figure head of well-being and fitness right now. I would so do her.

My food journal for Monday May 17th
  • 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup pinapple
  • 1/4 cup Nature's Path granola cereal
  • 1 cup cheries
  • 1 whole egg
  • 7oz salmon (3 oz for lunch, 4 oz for dinner)
  • green salad with 1/2 tomato
  • 60ml goat tzaziki (makes a great salad dressing!)
  • 1/2 avacado
  • handful of carrot sticks
  • 1tsp olive oil
  • flax seeds
  • 1 cup organic skim milk
  • 1 Apple Larabar

My dinner :)


My new obsession!

5 comments:

  1. I found it very hard in the beginning to be good on both eating and exercise, I think once I mastered the exercise the eating fell into place. Maybe it is just one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are on the right path.
    That dinner looks delicious! Getting the food part right can be time consuming and take a while to really get down.

    The exercise will start coming. Just do it and eventually it really will become a habit. I know it can be so tough to get a workout in.

    Good luck! Can't wait for the weigh in tomorrow to see how everyone has done.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried one of those larabars over the weekend and they really ARE good! i like how they are endorsed by the biggest loser... i'm going to have to try that apple one, tho, that's sounds really tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Larabars and Jillian Michaels too!! Soooo good! I think the Cashew cookie is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the larabars. I had one today. Cashew cookie. 2 ingredients: dates and cashews.

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com