Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!

I'm back from my long weekend away with my family. I have so many cousins and such a big family because on that side of the family my great-grandparents had like 8 kids, and then most of those kids had 3-5 kids, and now the third generation is having kids.I had such a great time at my cousin's wedding, it was just what I needed. She got married Saturday night and we were worried because the weather was kind of iffy, but at least it was an indoor wedding. Another one of my cousins who is my age decided that we, along with a few of my other cousins that are around our age, needed to do some tequila shots. My face went numb after a while of this but I had a great time dancing with everyone. I got way too drunk but that is what my family does at weddings. We drink and then dance until 3 in the morning.

Most of my family at the wedding was staying at my aunt and uncle's house because the wedding was held in a (very) small town 7 hours away from Vancouver and they live in this town a short walk away from where the wedding was actually being held. It was really funny as we were all getting ready for the ceremony because I saw the bridesmaid dresses for the first time. Here's what they look like:


Here's me dancing with my cousins in my dress that I bought a few days before the wedding to wear:


Not the greatest picture of me but you can see the resemblance in the dresses. The bridesmaids thought it was so funny and called me the honorary bridesmaid. At least the bride wasn't angry, but there was no way that I could have known. I even forgot that their colours were red and white. A big accomplishment for me was my 3.5 inch heels. They have a stiletto heel with an open toe. I wore them for 3-4 hours and they were comfortable. I could walk and dance around and they didn't hurt my feet! Before it was torture just standing in them for any length of time but it was so much better this time. I don't know if this has anything to do with my legs and core getting stronger and being leaner, but I like to think that it does. I only took them off after a few drinks because tequila and heels like that do not mix!

We arrived Friday afternoon and I really wanted to go for a walk/run Saturday morning but on the way up I started coming down with a sinus cold and the weather was grey and bleak in the morning so that got cancelled. I'm still not feeling great from it, I took lots of cold stuff this morning when I woke up but I have a bit of a sore throat and I feel really dry. I did go to Fitness World last night when me and my mom got back into town and I did the elliptical for 50 minutes. I wish I did more but I was tired from travelling and from the sickness. I didn't track my eating either and I weighed myself this morning and the result was not too bad. I'm only up 0.1 lbs and I can definitely live with that. I may even be able to make this week's LHA weigh in a loss again!

Today's plan is to go back and work out again and get my eating on track. It shouldn't be too hard to do that (knock on wood) as when I was house sitting for my aunt all last week I fell into a nice rhythm but we'll see how it goes being back home now. Food journal will be posted later tonight. Have a great day everyone and I hope your long weekend is going well!

PS: If you missed the picture of Nathan, my personal trainer, that I posted last time, check it out here! I'm really starting to think that I'm crushing on this boy.

3 comments:

  1. He's cute! I call everyone younger than me cute cuz I'm gettin old - so don't be offended. It's cool that he's lost so much weight, it's gotta be nice to know that your trainer knows where you're coming from. Nice dress! Don't know how you managed heels though - bravo to you for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked great!!!

    And your trainer isn't too bad. Nice eye candy there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time. All you needed was the white belt and you could have walked down the aisle with those bridesmaid. Now THAT would have shocked the bride! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com