Wednesday, May 19, 2010

End of Day Report

I forgot how good I feel after I do a really good work out! Nathan was fantastic today. Instead of doing a cardio bootcamp thing today (in part because he and his work buddies broke a glass window in the fitness class room playing soccer LOL) we did weights today. I hadn't done weights in probably about two weeks and I don't even know why I didn't do it. It's likely the same reason why I haven't been working out, period. There were still a few elements of our cardio work out in the weight routine (about a million or two lunges, at least they weren't burpies or something heinous like that) and that was good. I was sweating like a pig and I loved every calorie burning minute of it. He didn't like it when I told him that I hadn't been doing my weight program. He wants me to be successful so he was a little upset but not nearly as upset as I have been with myself.

Something he said (that had relatively nothing to do with weight loss or exercise, at least not immediately), I found very interesting. He said that I shouldn't let other people decide my life for me and that I have to make decisions for myself. I think that he sees that I'm a very shy person that would much rather be polite and let other people go ahead of me, keep quiet and stop what I'm doing in order to facilitate them, rather than charge in, so to speak. This stems from my self-esteem and how I see myself in front of strangers. He was kind of talking about my previous relationship when he mentioned the part abut letting other people decide my life for me, but it didn't quite hit the nail on the head of the issue. With me and my ex, I was the one making decisions for the two of us and I hated it. I would have loved for him to take charge and be responsible, which is something he could never really do. Now, I have to make decisions that aren't always a compromise and I have to make decisions that are best for me and what I want. It is a little daunting. Nathan is such a great guy (and really super cute!), how I wish that he were single. Not that I would ever do anything about it in my current state. I think that with his background he would want someone who is fit and healthy, but of course I don't really know anything about his girlfriend (all I know is that she is a 3rd year pre-med student and her parents are rich and they have a time-share in Whistler...hooray). If he ever found this blog I would die of embarrassment, due to the things that I have said about him.

I did buy a new dress today, tomorrow when I get my toes and nails done, I'll take a picture and post it for you guys and gals.

My Food Journal for May 19th
  • Apple Larabar
  • 3 eggs, whole
  • 2 slices whole wheat bread
  • 1 oz cheddar cheese
  • Cherry Larabar
  • 1 oz smoked Gouda cheese
  • 4oz chicken breast
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 tomato
  • 1/4 onion
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup mocha protein drink from Bolthouse Farms with 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 cantaloupe.

2 comments:

  1. Work outs are awesome. I find the more I do it, the more I have to work out. I always feel so proud at the end of it. I feel the same way about what Nathan said - I am not really so shy, but I used to run mine and my ex-husbands life. It got tiring. (he was a bi-polar alcoholic) Then I met my now husband, and I started out letting him to all the running b/c it felt so good to relax. Then I just became less and less me. So now I'm in the middle. And I also decided to stop letting everyone else decide who I am. Great blog! I'll deff be back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in a relationship a long time ago where he ran everything. I like to think now that I run things more, but honestly it is more equal now than anything else. And that is very nice.

    I am married, very happily, but I have to say that this Nathan has peaked my attention, lol. Wish there was some way that you could sneak a pic of him.

    Can't wait to see your dress. Hope you have a blast this weekend. You need to go have some fun.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com