Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 1 of My Summer Challenge

Starting Weight:

Goal Weight for August 25th: 190.0 lbs
Before Pictures:




Don't I look so thrilled in my photos? My goals for My Long Hot Active Summer Challenge consist of:

a) losing 37 lbs, it's a steep order to fill but I think that if I really work hard at, I can accomplish it, or at least come close.
b) Work out 4-6 times a week doing my weight training and interval training on the treadmill/cardio equipment. I would like to log a minimum of 300 minutes of activity per week.

In other news today, I bought a pair of roller skates! The old school kind, the quads, and they are kick @ss but are a lot harder to use than they look. The feeling is totally different from inline skates.


I bought them here in Vancouver at store called Roller Girl and they ship all over Canada and the US. They are primarily an online store but they have a showroom if you can come in and they guarentee that your skates will fit and if you have any problems with them, they can find a way to fix your issues. I am so fascinated by roller derby that I would love to take up the sport, but the next thing I have to do is learn how to skate!

13 comments:

  1. Hey,


    Fellow challenger here just wanted to wish you all the best in the upcoming months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!! I'm rooting for you :) I'm glad someone else has a goal to lose more than 30 lbs! I was worried I was absolutely wacko for that! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support girls! I don't know, it could be considered a little crazy but we can totally lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the one who brought this challenge to my attention so I'm affa excited about "competing" with you! :)

    Wishing you the best of luck!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep going I can't wait to see your goals be achieved. You will do fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from MLHAS to say hello!!!
    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skates! It has been oh, probably around 17 years since I have skated. I would love to try again and think that I will get around to it eventually. But I must admit that I am a little scared of falling. I broke my wrist back in 3rd grade from a skating accident. But your skates really do look kick @ss.

    We are both around the same weight, I am at 232 so it will be fun to cheer each other on a see how far we can come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie Q, that's fantastic. I'm glad that you're excited about this challenge as well! I'm super stoked for it and I hope that it's going to be a great and healthy experience for all who take part. I look forward to hearing about your successes!

    Wings of a Butterfly and Arcticmal, thanks for your support and the best of luck to both of you.

    Lisa, OMG I've never used quad skates in my life and I'm excited and terrified at the same time. I broke my wrist too but it was in the 7th grade and we were snowboarding, which I have never done again LOL. Good luck in the challenge, I hope everyone does well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whooo! We're doing it! Good luck on the challenge and you can reach your goal!

    I LOVE the rollerskates! I never could figure out how to stop on them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt as thrilled as you look for the photos! :)

    Love the skates! Oh man, I looooooved roller skating when I was a kid. We'd spend every Friday night at the local rink...probably from the time I was around 8 until I was 11 or so. I don't think I've been on a pair of skates since! lol
    Enjoy it & let us know how it goes.

    Best wishes with the challenge!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet skates!! I would break my leg:)
    I look forward to following your journey!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roller skates? That is so kickazz! My best friend has a dream of being in a roller derby. She's 40 now so it probably won't happen for her. Roller derby just scares me. You've got great goals and I'm sure looking forward to the LHAS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been wanting to get my daughters old school skates. I let my 10 yr old try out my inlines and she couldn't find her balance. I miss the 4 wheels too. I would be all over roller derby, that kicks butt. Good luck learning!

    Thank you for participating in LHA! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com