Monday, May 31, 2010

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

1. I’m a super nerd. Every summer I read the Harry Potter series again for the billionth time. And the Twilight series. Oh yeah, and I play World of Warcraft.

2. I have 5 big squishy pillows on my bed but I only use one of them, and it’s always the same one, but I would hate to get rid of the other 4.

3. I kill potted plants. Not that I do it on purpose, I love having them in my room, they just don’t stay alive for too long. I think that it has something to do with the fact that I forget to water them.

4. When I was little, I loved witchcraft and the fantastical. I even had an Ouija board and I learned how to read Tarot cards. I wanted to be something special and a little more than ordinary, in my own way. I still wish that magic were real, hence my love for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed.

5. I love both the names Isabelle and Wyatt...and then my cousin gave those names to 2 or her children. Not that she knew that I wanted those names for my kids (should I ever have any) or even that I see her or her kids too often, but I’m undecided if I still want to name my kids that because there aren’t really two people in my family with the same names, let alone two sets of siblings.

6. I have a younger brother who is pretty much the only person in my immediate family that has not struggled with his weight at one point or another in his life. He is actually in really good shape. Most people in high school didn’t even know that we were related, we didn’t have an unusual last name to give it away. He is the polar opposite of me. Preppy, popular and all those clichés. If it couldn't fit any better, his girlfriends have all been tall, skinny, blondes.

7. I’ve always thought that my type of guy was the kind of guy who is shy, dark haired, musical, intelligent, and a bit of a rebel. I’ve been with two guys (technically 3, but I don’t count one of them but that is a whole other story) and both of them were blondes, not musical, amd not very intelligent.

8. I have a thing for pretty smelling hand and body creams...and then I never use them. I probably have a dozen or so that are scattered throughout my room and bathroom but I may have used each one of them once, maybe twice.

9. I’m addicted to music. I have a tattoo on my shoulder with music notes. I love all different kinds of music, pretty much anything that has a good rhythm to it, except for rap but even then there are distinctions between different kinds of rap, some that I actually like and some that I can’t even listen to. I’m mainly into modern rock, some mild punk rock and top 40 dance/pop. I love dancing too.

10. I check out girls more than I check out guys. It’s a self-esteem thing, but I can’t help but compare myself to other girls that I see and judge how I compare to them.

4 comments:

  1. Great list. I know what you mean about the names. We have about 5 girls in our family named Crystal/Christy/Krissy. It gets very confusing when everyone is together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap - i almost thought I was reading about myself there for a second!!! I"m a HUGE nerd - I play WoW!!!! Well I did - I kinds gave up for now until Cataclysm comes out, or I miss it again. got sick of the endless armor grind. 8 hours of raiding a night gets really old, really fast! I ALWAYS check out girls. I want that perfect flat belly, and I know I'll never really have it. My sister stole one of my favorite names for her son, Lenox, so if I ever have another kid...that's out. I always wanted to be unique and different, like Buffy, or Harry Potter, and I tried teaching myself to read Tarot cards and studied Wicca for a while. Not so much anymore - but it's weird reading this and feeling like I"m reading my own thoughts!!!! I also re-read Twilight, Harry Potter and similar things. You are a very cool person..I have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I have re-read books over and over as well! Good to know I am not alone.

    And I can very much relate to your comparing yourself to other girls. I hope to one day stop doing that and just be happy to be me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So numbers 1,4,6,7,8, and 10 totally describe things about me. lol. Although I used to swear I would NEVER EVER EVER play WoW, until my hubby dared me to play for 1 hour once....I haven't stopped sense : P

    ReplyDelete

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com