Thursday, April 8, 2010

Into the Home Stretch

Hey all. I just got the email this morning from Weight Loss Bloggers that my blog is going to be featured in their directory, so if you are joining me from there this morning, welcome! I’m very happy to be a part of their network and have the opportunity to talk to new people. I would love to get to know my followers, so send me off an email with any comments, considerations, and questions to twothirtyeight@live.ca. I promise that I will answer all your emails, if not immediately, within a week.


Today feels like a bit of a blah day. I woke up and the rain was POUNDING on the roof and I almost decided that I was not going to get out of bed. I have 5 days of classes left. 5 little days until freedom! In case anyone notices, I’m putting my blog through a few minor changes for example, my ticker at the head of the page. I still haven’t decided what weight I am going to use for it, either my weight on the scale at home (which is soooo much nicer to me) or the one at Curves (which I think is more accurate but I don’t have the luxury of weighing myself every morning in the nude!). I think that I will be using the scale at home. It’s more or less accurate...just 5 lbs lighter! But I like the idea of using the scale in my bathroom because it is always there. I am thinking about buying a new scale too, that does fancy stuff like body fat and such but that is a whole other can of metaphorical worms.

Another change coming to the blog is...my name. Whenever I have to use a name for something on the internet, I use Sarina Taksmin, or Sarina Jackson. When I started this blog, I initially liked the idea of anonymity but I feel that with all the emotions that float around blogs and the fact the fact that I can tell perfect strangers about my trials and triumphs, I could at least use my real name. Something that really struck a chord with me about this was after I had left a comment on another blog and the writer responded to me in a very heartfelt manner and called me Sarina. In a way I feel that I am betraying not only my readers, but the people that I read. We put ourselves out on the line, but in a sense, it’s not really us, or not really me, if you catch my drift. I know that not everyone will understand and it’s not really a big deal either way, but for some it could be important. I want to help people succeed in reaching their goals and maybe get a bit of that inspiration back in return. My real name is Emilia. I’ve always been drawn to the name Sarina, I think that it’s because I had a certain affinity towards Sabrina the Teenage Witch, though. I’ve always loved spells and fantasy, so the name took root in my back when I was around the age of 5 or 6. It’s been with me a long time.

Those are really the only two changes that I’m going to be making. They are very minute changes, so don’t anyone panic! Today the grand plan in terms of my diet and exercise is to go to Curves and Fitness World after school. Yesterday I went to Curves with Bailey and sat in the sauna for 30 minutes or so but then after I got out of the sauna I was so relaxed and sweaty that I didn’t want to go to Fitness World after. Because I missed my work out with Nathan last week, I have to call him soon and schedule another time with him. Tonight I am going to

• Curves with Bailey

• Home, to eat dinner

• And finally, to Fitness World to do my weights work out with 45 minutes of cardio, either on the treadmill or on the elliptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com