Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back in the Game

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting back in the game after being sick. I went to Curves yesterday with Bailey and we worked out for a while, but everything was so difficult. I didn't realise how tired I was from being sick for a week and how weak my muscles have become. I'm hoping that if I spend some time working out this week they will start to feel like they did before I came down with a cold. I didn't think that I would miss going to the gym as much as I did either. I really didn't like being immobile and lazy. I missed my work-outs and my trainer Nathan. I missed all the skinny bitches at the gym (well, okay not really all that much, but still). I missed having that dull ache in my muscles that told me that I did a good job, and that I'm making progress. A week ago a just about laughed out loud when I put my hands on my hips and felt that my waist was smaller! Now, from all the laying around I've been doing and the fact that I have been paying less and less attention to my meal plan, I feel bloated and heavy.

I was catching up on my blogs today and I came across a new post that I could really relate with. Zaababy has made fantastic progress in her weight loss journey, check out her before and after pics here, but that is not what caught my attention. What brought me in most was when she was comparing her results with someone in her neighbourhood that had a lap-band surgury. Zaababy has lost 90 lbs and is still going, in comparision with this other individual that is experiencing a stall and has not lost as much as her. Zaa was uncomfortable talking with this other person that she has not seen in a while because of how the other would take the situation. This whole thing kind of reminded me about the situation that myself and my friend Bailey are in. She works out a lot harder than I do and she has lost weight, but since she joined  Curves with me, she has gone from around 275 to 269 lbs in 5 months. We're doing this journey together and I wish that she would see better results because I feel guilty bringing up how much weight that I have lost, not that I have lost a lot of weight either though. I want to be able to tell her about the progress I'm making and that my old jeans fit again, but she tells me that hers just feel tighter, so I try and stay quiet. I wish that I could celebrate these things by teller her but I would feel bad about putting it in her face. She tells me that she eats well so I don't understand why she isn't seeing better results, I don't think that she would lie to me about what she is eating.

Speaking of food, this week I'm going back on my meal plan with a few variations. I'm not going to be eating as much food as it wants me too, there is no way that I can eat 6 oz of turkey for lunch or 8 oz of tofu in a salad, it was just way too much. This morning I had a cup of plain yogurt mixed with rasberry yogurt (I didn't have enough plain), 2 cups 1% milk and a small handful of mixed nuts. I felt like I was eating for an hour and I don't have that much time to eat in the mornings. Here is the plan as far as my meals go:
  • I'm going to eat the foods it tells me to
  • BUT I will each smaller portions
I found that I just wasn't hungry at all, and at times I was still full from the last meal and my plan still wanted me to eat more food. Back beast, back! So that is my plan for this week. Today for lunch, I didn't pack anything so I went to the salad bar in the cafe for lunch instead of to Subway and I got a spinich salad with cucumber, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, tuna and olives and I drizzled a bit of rasberry dressing on top. It was alright and I covered my carbs, protein and fat all in one dish. I also got a tall non-fat chai tea latte from Starbucks which was amazing! I ate until I was satisfied and then I put the rest away. Horay for food management!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com