Monday, March 29, 2010

Running in the Rain

Sunday I woke up to torrential rain. Buckets and buckets pouring down on us poor Vancouverites. I would have been perfectly indifferent to the rain had I not had to wake up early and go running in it for the 5k Run for Life benefitting the Canadian Cancer Society. So 7:30am rolled around and I pushed myself out of bed to strap on my running shoes and take a stroll. My goal for the event was to finish in 45-50 minutes, and I finished in 50:05 minutes! I'm happy with that, not that it was a race, but I finished in 107th place out of 120 people, my dad finished 108th, and I'm super proud of him. We stuck together for most of the race, I did run ahead of him for a while and I ran the final stretch. I think that that is the furthest he's walked in a long time. He and my mom are getting ready to do the Vancouver Sun Run in May and that is a 10k run/walk,and while my mom is running it, I'm thinking that I'm going to walk it with my dad.

As it was a fundraiser, and not a serious race, there were door prizes at the end of the run. And I won one. I won a gift basket filled with candies and coke!! There was a pack of Skittles, two packs of Twizzlers, chocolate covered bisquits, and two bottles of coke, but there was also season 2 of The Tudors, and what appears to be an action movie called JCVD: Jean-Claude Van Damme. All I could do was laugh when I picked it up, and I did take it home, but I pawned the candy off on my brother.

I bought myself a new pair of runners on Sunday as well. Good, sturdy, proper running shoes. They are much more comfortable than the cheap-o runners that I was using before, so I'm anticipating fewer blisters on my feet after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com