Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meal Plan, Day 1

I finally got my meal plan last night when I saw my personal trainer. I feel like saying "I think I can, I think I can..." No, the meal plan is not bad, in fact it is very doable. But there is a lot of food and I understand why. I'm going to be exercising a lot and in order to keep my metabolism going, I need to eat more food. Here is my meal plan for the day:

Breakfast:
  • Protein Powder, 21g
  • 1% Milk, 1 cup
  • 12 Cashews
  • 1 Banana
Lunch:
  • Salmon, 6 oz
  • 1 1/3 tsp Olive oil
  • 1 Garden salad (2 cup lettuce, 1/2 large tomato, 1/2 cup cucumber)
  • 1 Banana
Snack:
  • Roast beef, 2 oz
  • 1 Pear
  • 6 Almonds
Dinner:
  • Pork, lean, 5 oz
  • 1 cup Mushrooms
  • 1 cup Carrots
  • 2/3 cup Baked potato
  • 1 2/3 tsp olive oil
After dinner snack:
  • 1 1/2 cup Plain yogurt
  • 9 Cashews
Everything is evenly matched with 18 "mini-units" of fat, carbs, and protein. A "mini-unit" of fat equals 1.5g, carbs equal 9g and protein equals 7g. There is also a list of substitutions so if after dinner I don't feel like have 9 cashews, I can change it to something that is also equivalent to 3 mini-units of fat, and it tells me what kind of fats are better than others.

Today is the first day of my plan so I'm still working out the kinks. This morning I forgot my lunch in the fridge so after I had walked to my bus stop, about 10 mins away, I had to choose between catching my bus and having my lunch. I turned around and walked home and got my brother to drive to the skytrain station. Now that I'm at class, I realized that I forgot a fork to eat my salad with and I didn't have time before class started to go and grab a fork from the cafe. Soooo, I'm eating my salad and salmon with my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com