Saturday, March 20, 2010

Re-vamped

I felt that my blog needed a bit of a face lift, so in changing the background, I also decided that "A Day in the Life of____: A Weight Loss Journey" was going to become "[238] and Shrinking". However, I'm still not 100% sold on this new background, it will likely change a few times during the next week or so.

School is starting to wrap up so I'm getting even more busy than I already was with finals and papers coming up within the next month and half. I'll be so happy when I'm done with it. Next year I'm taking a year off school to work and volunteer in an elementary school (from school to another school!) and work with a lady that I know through Curves (she is one of my clients). She teaches grade 3 in Vancouver and her teacher's aide that she has right now is going to Simon Fraser University to do her master's degree, so I'll take her spot one or two days a week to try my hand at teaching. I'm thinking that that is the area that I want to go into, so before I totally direct my studies toward it, I'd better try it out first.

I saw my trainer Wednesday night and he said that he wants me to do weights 3 times a week with 30 mins of cardio, and an hour of cardio 3 times a week, on the days that I'm not doing weights, so all in all, I get one day off a week. I'm good with that, I want results and I'm seeing results so that makes me very happy. The meal plan that I customized for me isn't printed yet and I hope that I'll get that next week. I had to go through this big list of foods and pick out 15 proteins, 20 carbs and a few other things and from what I picked, it makes a meal plan for me to follow, and I find that I'm actually looking forward to that as well!

How is everyone else doing? Are you meeting your goal? Are you falling short of what you wanted to accomplish? Don't give up and keep fighting the good fight. Good luck to all of you this week, take on a challenge and you just may be surprised that you can complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com