Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's a new year, new me

Happy New Year Blogosphere!

Only slightly belated, I realize. Looking at my dashboard I noticed that my first post was a little over a month ago but it feels like it was so long ago. I remember sitting in my university library and writing out the first message when I was supposed to be writing a research essay for my English 220 class. I remember the days of coming to the gym and sweating with my best friend who has been such a phenomenal support for me and at times is a fantastic inspiration. I can see her butt getting smaller! She has been so regimented and even bought herself a treadmill for at home, which had been used for the job it has been designed to do(not just hanging clothes and storing boxes)! I know how much she weighs but she has forbidden me from telling her. She says that if she knows how much she weighs that she will just be depressed and she would rather see the change in her body, rather than on the scale. After doing this for a month, I'm understanding what she means. I'm a little discouraged that I have not lost more weight, however, I have not been as true to the plan I laid out for myself. I have been working out, but not as much as I would like.

I have a confession for you all. I have not been watching what I have been eating. I would really like to say that I have been careful with that, but I have to tell you all that I have not been watching. I had gotten away from blogging for a while because of the holidays and I was doing other things, and now I've started up school again I have to stay on top of my schooling this time around. When I say that I have not been watching what I have been eating, I don't mean that  I have been eating a big bag of chips in a sitting or going through that McDick's drive thru. There was a time before I started this blog when I had developed a habit of going through the McDick's drive thru and ordering two double cheese burgers, large fries and a medium Pepsi. If you know McDick's, you know that the drinks are huge. I would eat even though I knew that it would make me sick. I knew that it was terrible for me but I did it anyways. That habit lasted for about a month and I just felt disgusted with myself afterwards, but I would do it again anyways. So, I am happy to say that I have not been back to a fast food chain (but I still go to Tim Horton's for my steeped tea in the mornings, if you can consider Tim Horton's a fast food chain).

I'm worried that I may not make my goal of losing 20 lbs for the end of March. I would have to get down to 210 lbs and I still don't know that I am really and truly committed to this. I got a Wii for Christmas this year and with it came Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2010. My goodness it is hard! When I do her workout, it is hard for me to walk afterward so it kind of makes me want to avoid it, if I am going to be sore for days after. Today, I'm going to do it because I have to! No ifs ands or buts!! (Make that butts LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com