Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Get ready, GO!

Hello Blog!


I find that it is very therapeutic for me to write in this blog. I like that I can get all my feelings in print and talk to someone about what I’ve been doing. I don’t feel comfortable talking to my parents about it yet; especially to my mom. My mother is one of those self-motivated people, which I am not. Before me and my brother were born, my mother went to the gym 6 days a week and held down a 124lbs frame at 5’4. When she puts her mind to do something, then she will not settle for half-way or half-assed. We joined Curves together with my grandmother in late 2007, but for health reasons, my grandmother was not able to continue with us. Mom and I continued to go, but it’s too easy to tell my mom that I don’t want to go to the gym today and she’ll accept it and go on her own. Today my mom weighs in the mid 140’s and for 47, she looks pretty good. She runs a lot and does the Vancouver Sun Run every year. This year, she was invited to lead a running group that teaches people how to run properly in preparation for the Sun Run. I’m so proud of her for what she has accomplished and that she has met her goals.

I only wish that I could be so motivated. I’ve fallen off the wagon more than a few times and it will take me months to get back on. Some days, it feels like I’ve been losing the same 10 pounds for years. But in this stretch of weight loss, I’m content. I’ve decided to change my scale. I’ve been weighing myself at Curves but it’s always at different times and there is no consistency. So, in order to fix this, I’m only weighing myself on my bathroom scale. The good news is that on my bathroom scale I weight 227.5 lbs. YAY! Better than the 232.5 lbs at which I have been stuck. Now I get to be stuck at 227! LOL! I’m not changing my starting weight as I’m positive that at one point I was 235 lbs.

Today has been going more or less well. I woke up early again as I haven't been able to shake that habit! Now that I'm out of school, I just wanted to sleep in for a few days but I don't think that that is going to happen anymore. I'm getting ready for my first exam bright and early Saturday morning at 8:30am. That is going to suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and welcome all comments and considerations. If you have any questions or something that you want to talk to me about something, personally or privately, shoot me an email at MiaY238@gmail.com